The Greeks remind us that when success and bounty arrive, then, especially, it is time to be self-effacing, modest, generous, and forgiving. If not, retribution follows—whether because human nature dictates that the crowd wishes misfortune upon the haughty, or, as I confess that I believe, there is a sort of divine force that seeks to remind us of our own folly and can only do that in appropriately dramatic and timely fashion.
- Ah, the dump. Where America's pickup trucks hang out on the weekend. Good times. http://t.co/BOwFELN2Hj 9 hours ago
- smock smock smock smock smock smock 1 week ago
- Heard Tainted Love on the radio twice today. I don't know what the significance of that is. Yet. 1 week ago
- "The Sting is terrible." You are dead to me #community. 2 weeks ago
- Hobby Lobby: all the things to hang on your wall, no actual hobby supplies. 1 month ago