The Greeks remind us that when success and bounty arrive, then, especially, it is time to be self-effacing, modest, generous, and forgiving. If not, retribution follows—whether because human nature dictates that the crowd wishes misfortune upon the haughty, or, as I confess that I believe, there is a sort of divine force that seeks to remind us of our own folly and can only do that in appropriately dramatic and timely fashion.
- The horror, the horror RT @BillCorbett: Speaking of nightmarish 70 rock dudes, listen AND DESPAIR: youtube.com/watch?v=m3kZN1… 3 weeks ago
- Hurray! The sun is shining! I think I'll go for a walk. 3 weeks ago
- You know what instrument is due for a comeback: Calliopes. Some hipster should get on that. 1 month ago
- I lost my winter coat. This is the second time this winter I have done this. I worry for my mind. 1 month ago
- New Year's resolution: No more Alt-J. it's astounding how quickly he got overplayed. 1 month ago