The Greeks remind us that when success and bounty arrive, then, especially, it is time to be self-effacing, modest, generous, and forgiving. If not, retribution follows—whether because human nature dictates that the crowd wishes misfortune upon the haughty, or, as I confess that I believe, there is a sort of divine force that seeks to remind us of our own folly and can only do that in appropriately dramatic and timely fashion.
- RT @haveigotnews: Clarkson laughs off suggestions police could arrest him, as the standard Police BMW 520D saloon lacks the mid-range grunt… 14 hours ago
- RT @ToyotaGB: Thanks for everything @JeremyClarkson. It's been smashing #topgear youtu.be/l1WMdI3E9jQ 1 day ago
- Are you saying I can watch #Community RIGHT NOW?! I love the future. 1 week ago
- NOOOOOOO! @BBCTwo #TopGear will not be broadcast this Sunday. BBC statement: bbc.in/1AdwPZP 2 weeks ago
- The horror, the horror RT @BillCorbett: Speaking of nightmarish 70 rock dudes, listen AND DESPAIR: youtube.com/watch?v=m3kZN1… 1 month ago