The Greeks remind us that when success and bounty arrive, then, especially, it is time to be self-effacing, modest, generous, and forgiving. If not, retribution follows—whether because human nature dictates that the crowd wishes misfortune upon the haughty, or, as I confess that I believe, there is a sort of divine force that seeks to remind us of our own folly and can only do that in appropriately dramatic and timely fashion.
- I completed "Cindy"! For Rounds: 10 @mywodhq #myWOD #CrossFit 2 days ago
- So, no manned missions to Mars or the moon. *sigh* #NASA 2 days ago
- Bad news: my TV died. Good news: Best Buy had a good replacement. It felt weird to walk out with the thing instead of waiting for shipping. 3 days ago
- Possibly the cutest thing on earth. vine.co/v/ME16mjEaPEY via @vineapp 🐷😭😻 1 week ago
- My $10 gamble on the random @wootshirt two-pack paid off. #woot http://t.co/NXWsVnMjru 1 week ago