The Greeks remind us that when success and bounty arrive, then, especially, it is time to be self-effacing, modest, generous, and forgiving. If not, retribution follows—whether because human nature dictates that the crowd wishes misfortune upon the haughty, or, as I confess that I believe, there is a sort of divine force that seeks to remind us of our own folly and can only do that in appropriately dramatic and timely fashion.
- Hobby Lobby: all the things to hang on your wall, no actual hobby supplies. 6 days ago
- Oh @KPND you make me sad by playing Jessica. Now I miss #topgear. Too soon, man, too soon. 1 week ago
- Riding your Segway in Walmart. I really don't know what to think. 2 weeks ago
- I had forgotten how small Windows XP was until just now when I downloaded it. 3 weeks ago
- Well, my scroll button no longer scrolls. This is mildly inconvienent and pretty irritating. 3 weeks ago