The Greeks remind us that when success and bounty arrive, then, especially, it is time to be self-effacing, modest, generous, and forgiving. If not, retribution follows—whether because human nature dictates that the crowd wishes misfortune upon the haughty, or, as I confess that I believe, there is a sort of divine force that seeks to remind us of our own folly and can only do that in appropriately dramatic and timely fashion.
- Also, who didn't see this coming since at least the explosion, if not before, when the Chinese economy started cratering. 4 days ago
- Everyone telling me not to panic over my plummeting 401k values is making me wonder if I should panic. #thelazycontrarian 4 days ago
- On a roll today! RT @DPRK_News: Beloved U.S. naval hero "Jared the Submarine Man" exposed as pederastic rapist of children! 1 week ago
- Loltastic. RT @DPRK_News: Hero spy Ashley Madison reveals U.S. government to be perverted nest of adulterers and whoremongers. 1 week ago
- Whoever gave that child a whistle at 7:30 in the morning should have it jammed somewhere unpleasant. 1 week ago