The Greeks remind us that when success and bounty arrive, then, especially, it is time to be self-effacing, modest, generous, and forgiving. If not, retribution follows—whether because human nature dictates that the crowd wishes misfortune upon the haughty, or, as I confess that I believe, there is a sort of divine force that seeks to remind us of our own folly and can only do that in appropriately dramatic and timely fashion.
- Wow. Such traction. Very smooth. Much alignment. Amaze. 4 days ago
- Nearly had a heart attack when I saw my car driving off without me. Forgot I was getting new tires. 4 days ago
- I completed "140924 Run, SDHP, Burpees"! 35# For Time: 17:18 4 days ago
- RT @Rokshimmer: Hipster level: Final Boss http://t.co/I6ze1TxZzf 5 days ago
- I LOVE GLOBAL WARMING! 1 week ago