The Greeks remind us that when success and bounty arrive, then, especially, it is time to be self-effacing, modest, generous, and forgiving. If not, retribution follows—whether because human nature dictates that the crowd wishes misfortune upon the haughty, or, as I confess that I believe, there is a sort of divine force that seeks to remind us of our own folly and can only do that in appropriately dramatic and timely fashion.
- Why has that helicopter been circling Post Falls for the last hour? 1 week ago
- There's nothing like automated birthday messages to remind you of all those forums you forgot you were a member of. 1 week ago
- So it begins. http://t.co/GJfmxEHYoe 1 week ago
- I'm sad there's no more Doctor Who until Christmas. I'm assuming the ending of 8x12 means there's a Christmas special, of course. 1 week ago
- Sorry to all the engineers that are sad now, but man that was a cool explosion: youtube.com/watch?v=aL5edd… 1 month ago