We have all the talk-radio shows and cable networks we need, and the rest of the country is happy to leave us walled up in those redoubts. But culture trumps politics, and not just in the movies and pop songs, grade schools and mainline churches, but increasingly in the boardrooms, too. Instead of giving your hard-earned dollars to help drag some finger-in-the-windy squish with an R after his name over the finish line every other November, conservatives need to start fighting on the turf that matters. We risk winding up like the Shakers–dependent on conversion while eschewing all effective means thereof.
And finally please don’t waste another four years obsessing over whether Barack Obama is a secret Muslim Kenyan Commie or whatever. He may be all those things, but the lesson of November 6 is that a majority of the American people agree with him. He’s not the exotic other, he’s all too typical. That’s the problem.
- I completed "Cindy"! For Rounds: 10 @mywodhq #myWOD #CrossFit 1 day ago
- So, no manned missions to Mars or the moon. *sigh* #NASA 1 day ago
- Bad news: my TV died. Good news: Best Buy had a good replacement. It felt weird to walk out with the thing instead of waiting for shipping. 2 days ago
- Possibly the cutest thing on earth. vine.co/v/ME16mjEaPEY via @vineapp 🐷😭😻 5 days ago
- My $10 gamble on the random @wootshirt two-pack paid off. #woot http://t.co/NXWsVnMjru 1 week ago