We have all the talk-radio shows and cable networks we need, and the rest of the country is happy to leave us walled up in those redoubts. But culture trumps politics, and not just in the movies and pop songs, grade schools and mainline churches, but increasingly in the boardrooms, too. Instead of giving your hard-earned dollars to help drag some finger-in-the-windy squish with an R after his name over the finish line every other November, conservatives need to start fighting on the turf that matters. We risk winding up like the Shakers–dependent on conversion while eschewing all effective means thereof.
And finally please don’t waste another four years obsessing over whether Barack Obama is a secret Muslim Kenyan Commie or whatever. He may be all those things, but the lesson of November 6 is that a majority of the American people agree with him. He’s not the exotic other, he’s all too typical. That’s the problem.
- You know what instrument is due for a comeback: Calliopes. Some hipster should get on that. 2 weeks ago
- I lost my winter coat. This is the second time this winter I have done this. I worry for my mind. 2 weeks ago
- New Year's resolution: No more Alt-J. it's astounding how quickly he got overplayed. 3 weeks ago
- Lessons from @TopGearOnline special: their film crew loves filming dogs. Could be only animal they can film. 1 month ago
- I wonder if my insisting on having epub/mp3 files instead of streaming services is as fuddy-duddy as those that demanded CDs back in the day 1 month ago