We have all the talk-radio shows and cable networks we need, and the rest of the country is happy to leave us walled up in those redoubts. But culture trumps politics, and not just in the movies and pop songs, grade schools and mainline churches, but increasingly in the boardrooms, too. Instead of giving your hard-earned dollars to help drag some finger-in-the-windy squish with an R after his name over the finish line every other November, conservatives need to start fighting on the turf that matters. We risk winding up like the Shakers–dependent on conversion while eschewing all effective means thereof.
And finally please don’t waste another four years obsessing over whether Barack Obama is a secret Muslim Kenyan Commie or whatever. He may be all those things, but the lesson of November 6 is that a majority of the American people agree with him. He’s not the exotic other, he’s all too typical. That’s the problem.
- Also, who didn't see this coming since at least the explosion, if not before, when the Chinese economy started cratering. 3 days ago
- Everyone telling me not to panic over my plummeting 401k values is making me wonder if I should panic. #thelazycontrarian 3 days ago
- On a roll today! RT @DPRK_News: Beloved U.S. naval hero "Jared the Submarine Man" exposed as pederastic rapist of children! 6 days ago
- Loltastic. RT @DPRK_News: Hero spy Ashley Madison reveals U.S. government to be perverted nest of adulterers and whoremongers. 6 days ago
- Whoever gave that child a whistle at 7:30 in the morning should have it jammed somewhere unpleasant. 1 week ago