We have all the talk-radio shows and cable networks we need, and the rest of the country is happy to leave us walled up in those redoubts. But culture trumps politics, and not just in the movies and pop songs, grade schools and mainline churches, but increasingly in the boardrooms, too. Instead of giving your hard-earned dollars to help drag some finger-in-the-windy squish with an R after his name over the finish line every other November, conservatives need to start fighting on the turf that matters. We risk winding up like the Shakers–dependent on conversion while eschewing all effective means thereof.
And finally please don’t waste another four years obsessing over whether Barack Obama is a secret Muslim Kenyan Commie or whatever. He may be all those things, but the lesson of November 6 is that a majority of the American people agree with him. He’s not the exotic other, he’s all too typical. That’s the problem.
- Hobby Lobby: all the things to hang on your wall, no actual hobby supplies. 1 week ago
- Oh @KPND you make me sad by playing Jessica. Now I miss #topgear. Too soon, man, too soon. 1 week ago
- Riding your Segway in Walmart. I really don't know what to think. 3 weeks ago
- I had forgotten how small Windows XP was until just now when I downloaded it. 3 weeks ago
- Well, my scroll button no longer scrolls. This is mildly inconvienent and pretty irritating. 3 weeks ago