Paul Ryan has a modest proposal on streamlining government aid. I suspect the end result would make sure the same bureaucracies are getting their cut of the pie and numbers would be fudged to ensure that it looked like people were getting help. Still, I like the idea of empowering states to try different stuff and while I’m sure it could be worse, that seems unlikely.
- The horror, the horror RT @BillCorbett: Speaking of nightmarish 70 rock dudes, listen AND DESPAIR: youtube.com/watch?v=m3kZN1… 2 weeks ago
- Hurray! The sun is shining! I think I'll go for a walk. 2 weeks ago
- You know what instrument is due for a comeback: Calliopes. Some hipster should get on that. 1 month ago
- I lost my winter coat. This is the second time this winter I have done this. I worry for my mind. 1 month ago
- New Year's resolution: No more Alt-J. it's astounding how quickly he got overplayed. 1 month ago