Paul Ryan has a modest proposal on streamlining government aid. I suspect the end result would make sure the same bureaucracies are getting their cut of the pie and numbers would be fudged to ensure that it looked like people were getting help. Still, I like the idea of empowering states to try different stuff and while I’m sure it could be worse, that seems unlikely.
- You know what instrument is due for a comeback: Calliopes. Some hipster should get on that. 2 weeks ago
- I lost my winter coat. This is the second time this winter I have done this. I worry for my mind. 2 weeks ago
- New Year's resolution: No more Alt-J. it's astounding how quickly he got overplayed. 3 weeks ago
- Lessons from @TopGearOnline special: their film crew loves filming dogs. Could be only animal they can film. 1 month ago
- I wonder if my insisting on having epub/mp3 files instead of streaming services is as fuddy-duddy as those that demanded CDs back in the day 1 month ago