- I wonder if my insisting on having epub/mp3 files instead of streaming services is as fuddy-duddy as those that demanded CDs back in the day 1 day ago
- Why doesn't youtube have VLC style short, medium and long jumps forward/backward? 1 week ago
- Thank you, Craig. #RiffTraxLive 2 weeks ago
- Time for #rifftrax! 2 weeks ago
- Paralyzed by the Captain Samuel Vimes Boots theory of socioeconomic unfairness as the boots I want are on sale, but still really expensive. 2 weeks ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Undervaccinated community in Michigan has outbreak of whooping cough and measles among their children. Do these people think their parents and grandparents immediately latched onto vaccinations as soon as they were developed for fun? Or maybe it was because the risk of vaccinations was so much less than the actual misery caused by the diseases.
Oh look, boffins are trying to make robots 3-laws compliant. Once again, reading science fiction has led to a duh moment as fiction becomes reality. Of course, in Asimov’s stories all the robots found or had loopholes created for them by humans. Spoiler: It never ended well for the robot.
On the opening day of law school, I always counsel my first-year students never to support a law they are not willing to kill to enforce. Usually they greet this advice with something between skepticism and puzzlement, until I remind them that the police go armed to enforce the will of the state, and if you resist, they might kill you.
Even if you did launch at some insanely early hour. And who are these weird voices. I’m used to the ISS guys. Voices I can trust for all my space rocket launch commentary.
Because Time and Rolling Stones lists are crap. Alright, the Stones list wasn’t so bad, just backwards, mostly. Of course with 50 songs to choose from it’s like “the songs that were released in 2014″.
This was pretty hard because most of the songs I liked from the first half of the year are from albums released in 2013. I managed though.
Greens And Blues – Pixies. Yeah, yeah, doesn’t sound like them. Still love it.
Tourniquet – Jeremy Messersmith
Alone In My Home – Jack White. Also on that album, Just One Drink.
Brill Bruisers – The New Pornographers
Trainwreck 1979 – Death From Above 1979
We Are Done – Madden Brothers
Back To The Shack – Weezer. Because Weezer. Maybe not all the way back, but hey.