- That "let's Marvin Gaye and get it on" song is possible the dumbest song ever written. I am the worse for having heard it. 3 weeks ago
- Also, who didn't see this coming since at least the explosion, if not before, when the Chinese economy started cratering. 1 month ago
- Everyone telling me not to panic over my plummeting 401k values is making me wonder if I should panic. #thelazycontrarian 1 month ago
- On a roll today! RT @DPRK_News: Beloved U.S. naval hero "Jared the Submarine Man" exposed as pederastic rapist of children! 1 month ago
- Loltastic. RT @DPRK_News: Hero spy Ashley Madison reveals U.S. government to be perverted nest of adulterers and whoremongers. 1 month ago
Idaho does okay on the state of the state’s finances. The key to financial success seems to be having massive petroleum reserves. Much like the in the world economy.
It probably isn’t in the government’s interest to get rid of church tax-exemptions, so I suspect this is just loose talk by the left about eliminating another constitutional amendment that is not currently useful to them. And there’s been rumblings about this for at least a decade on the internet. It’s just a bit louder right now and will die back down. Still, it should be addressed.
The depiction of tax exemption of religious non-profits and churches as unfair is a bizarre view that would require assumption that all property naturally belongs to the state, and that allowing churches to keep the money they are given in donations is an act of largesse as opposed to a hedge against untoward influence of government.
I’ve heard this environmental lead causes crime theory before, but here is a longer article about it. It’s interesting.
An uneven, but amusing, look at all 50 state flags. You want to see bad, check out Liberia’s county flags.
The fact that there is a secret court in America makes me unutterably sad. However well known it may be.
The Obama administration has asked a secret surveillance court to ignore a federal court that found bulk surveillance illegal and to once again grant the National Security Agency the power to collect the phone records of millions of Americans for six months.
It’s weaselly political machinations like this that give lawyers and politicians a bad name.