The Greeks remind us that when success and bounty arrive, then, especially, it is time to be self-effacing, modest, generous, and forgiving. If not, retribution follows—whether because human nature dictates that the crowd wishes misfortune upon the haughty, or, as I confess that I believe, there is a sort of divine force that seeks to remind us of our own folly and can only do that in appropriately dramatic and timely fashion.
- Surriously, I love this. youtube.com/watch?v=qsQ5yg… 2 weeks ago
- I recommend hanging out with some Brits on the 4th to lord it over them for the day. #Murica 3 weeks ago
- The wait times for coffee in Massachusetts are unacceptable. 3 weeks ago
- The blandest coffee I've ever had. It's certainly not good, but it's not horrible, it just is. https://t.co/JtCXUIVpc1 3 weeks ago
- The crowd is now openly mocking. #MST3KReunion https://t.co/uO5vzPWtMh 1 month ago