The Greeks remind us that when success and bounty arrive, then, especially, it is time to be self-effacing, modest, generous, and forgiving. If not, retribution follows—whether because human nature dictates that the crowd wishes misfortune upon the haughty, or, as I confess that I believe, there is a sort of divine force that seeks to remind us of our own folly and can only do that in appropriately dramatic and timely fashion.
- RT @michaeljnelson: The best thing about green beans is that their bland-yet-still-somehow-gross flavor almost makes you forget they're cov… 14 hours ago
- I'm kinda impressed how little I knew about what movies are in theaters today. Start Trek and Suicide Squad were it. Good work uBlock Origin 6 days ago
- I wonder if the millennials dislike free speech because they grew up with the internetwhere any idea ever is vociferously slammed instantly. 6 days ago
- I just found myself wishing my whiteboard had an undo shortcut so I could unerase something. #itsthefuture 1 week ago
- It's August. I SHOULDN'T NEED TO TURN MY HEATER ON! 2 weeks ago