Do you hear yourselves? You’re Americans, not Europeans. You are the fruit of a nation constituted in liberty and based on the idea that the people can govern themselves. You should not wait for the king who sleeps beneath the hill….
Romney is a decent business manager. He’s a decent man. He likes America. He wants America to like him. He’s not going to actively dismantle our way of life, as will the one now in power. There will be no attacks on freedom of religion, no wild power grabs for the Internet, no executive orders that violate the laws of the land. He will not hanker for more “flexibility” so he can give more to Putin. And — this is petty but important for how the world sees us — he will neither apologize nor bow to foreign leaders.
Is he perfect? Oh, goodness, no. Is he exactly what we need? Probably not. Who is? Do you know the trouble we’ve got ourselves into by trusting presidents for this long? It’s a big hole. No one man can get us out of it. Only we can. And it will take time.
- Why is there so much snow? https://t.co/AkCoxp2wCy 5 days ago
- From my energy company: "The utility industry is undergoing transformational change..." I mean, nice pun, but bad writing. 2 weeks ago
- #TeamRed twitter.com/RealEntropy/st… 3 months ago
- My printer barfed up a hair ball just now. instagram.com/p/Bkni4CYgRqS/… 4 months ago
- Waiting for the Space mumu #RiffTrax https://t.co/wvUaspZLqp 5 months ago