We have all the talk-radio shows and cable networks we need, and the rest of the country is happy to leave us walled up in those redoubts. But culture trumps politics, and not just in the movies and pop songs, grade schools and mainline churches, but increasingly in the boardrooms, too. Instead of giving your hard-earned dollars to help drag some finger-in-the-windy squish with an R after his name over the finish line every other November, conservatives need to start fighting on the turf that matters. We risk winding up like the Shakers–dependent on conversion while eschewing all effective means thereof.
And finally please don’t waste another four years obsessing over whether Barack Obama is a secret Muslim Kenyan Commie or whatever. He may be all those things, but the lesson of November 6 is that a majority of the American people agree with him. He’s not the exotic other, he’s all too typical. That’s the problem.
- I feel that these people spending 45minutes to buy a stinking Apple Watch need to work on better decision making skills 4 months ago
- Every time my electricity goes out I am reminded of how terrible life through most of history must have been. 8 months ago
- "No one will ever need to change spark plug #6" --Nissan Engineer, probably. Nissan engineers hate mankind and left… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 months ago
- Thank you, person driving by, for the encouragement at the end of my workout. You're awesome too. 9 months ago
- RT @GateWorld: Happy 20th Anniversary, SG-1! Twenty years today since "Children of the Gods" first aired on Showtime. #StargateSG120th #Sta… 10 months ago