We have all the talk-radio shows and cable networks we need, and the rest of the country is happy to leave us walled up in those redoubts. But culture trumps politics, and not just in the movies and pop songs, grade schools and mainline churches, but increasingly in the boardrooms, too. Instead of giving your hard-earned dollars to help drag some finger-in-the-windy squish with an R after his name over the finish line every other November, conservatives need to start fighting on the turf that matters. We risk winding up like the Shakers–dependent on conversion while eschewing all effective means thereof.
And finally please don’t waste another four years obsessing over whether Barack Obama is a secret Muslim Kenyan Commie or whatever. He may be all those things, but the lesson of November 6 is that a majority of the American people agree with him. He’s not the exotic other, he’s all too typical. That’s the problem.
- If the kindle paperwhite w/o ads were $10 cheaper, they would have had me. #PrimeDay2017 1 week ago
- In the past 12 hours my laptop hard drive died and my desktop RAM failed. My iphone died 2 weeks ago. I expect my tablet to die shortly. 2 weeks ago
- One unhappy parent that is constant communication with the baby and the other parent. https://t.co/1i2ROtdNQj 1 month ago
- The crows are continually near my house the last couple days because their baby is trying to fly. #stopsquacking https://t.co/Rq58wyjZp8 1 month ago
- Someone's setting off fireworks tonight. I have no idea why. 1 month ago