We really are that dumb on the whole. I think it’s one of democracy’s built-in defense mechanisms. Problematic in a crisis, but constant pulling in many directions keeps from going too far in any one direction. We dither around for a while and then we have the rise of the Great Man, who because he happens to get it right at the right time and leads with a clear voice in the midst of a crisis, looks good. And then we toss them. It’s worked for a few hundred years. But, like the Greeks and Romans, sooner or later, we’ll tear ourselves apart.
- #gbbs : Make an American pie. Bakers: Only make tarts. SMH. 1 week ago
- Why is there so much snow? https://t.co/AkCoxp2wCy 1 month ago
- From my energy company: "The utility industry is undergoing transformational change..." I mean, nice pun, but bad writing. 1 month ago
- #TeamRed twitter.com/RealEntropy/st… 4 months ago
- My printer barfed up a hair ball just now. instagram.com/p/Bkni4CYgRqS/… 5 months ago