We really are that dumb on the whole. I think it’s one of democracy’s built-in defense mechanisms. Problematic in a crisis, but constant pulling in many directions keeps from going too far in any one direction. We dither around for a while and then we have the rise of the Great Man, who because he happens to get it right at the right time and leads with a clear voice in the midst of a crisis, looks good. And then we toss them. It’s worked for a few hundred years. But, like the Greeks and Romans, sooner or later, we’ll tear ourselves apart.
- One unhappy parent that is constant communication with the baby and the other parent. https://t.co/1i2ROtdNQj 1 week ago
- The crows are continually near my house the last couple days because their baby is trying to fly. #stopsquacking https://t.co/Rq58wyjZp8 1 week ago
- Someone's setting off fireworks tonight. I have no idea why. 3 weeks ago
- My office bell pepper has fully matured. #greenishthumb https://t.co/NYarXTZCxA 1 month ago
- 'for her work...with reprogramming the left-handers." TRIGGERED! Like dealing with the micro-aggressions every day isn't enough :( 1 month ago