We really are that dumb on the whole. I think it’s one of democracy’s built-in defense mechanisms. Problematic in a crisis, but constant pulling in many directions keeps from going too far in any one direction. We dither around for a while and then we have the rise of the Great Man, who because he happens to get it right at the right time and leads with a clear voice in the midst of a crisis, looks good. And then we toss them. It’s worked for a few hundred years. But, like the Greeks and Romans, sooner or later, we’ll tear ourselves apart.
- #TeamRed twitter.com/RealEntropy/st… 2 months ago
- My printer barfed up a hair ball just now. instagram.com/p/Bkni4CYgRqS/… 2 months ago
- Waiting for the Space mumu #RiffTrax https://t.co/wvUaspZLqp 3 months ago
- I feel that these people spending 45minutes to buy a stinking Apple Watch need to work on better decision making skills 8 months ago
- Every time my electricity goes out I am reminded of how terrible life through most of history must have been. 1 year ago