We really are that dumb on the whole. I think it’s one of democracy’s built-in defense mechanisms. Problematic in a crisis, but constant pulling in many directions keeps from going too far in any one direction. We dither around for a while and then we have the rise of the Great Man, who because he happens to get it right at the right time and leads with a clear voice in the midst of a crisis, looks good. And then we toss them. It’s worked for a few hundred years. But, like the Greeks and Romans, sooner or later, we’ll tear ourselves apart.
- Every time my electricity goes out I am reminded of how terrible life through most of history must have been. 2 months ago
- "No one will ever need to change spark plug #6" --Nissan Engineer, probably. Nissan engineers hate mankind and left… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 months ago
- Thank you, person driving by, for the encouragement at the end of my workout. You're awesome too. 3 months ago
- RT @GateWorld: Happy 20th Anniversary, SG-1! Twenty years today since "Children of the Gods" first aired on Showtime. #StargateSG120th #Sta… 3 months ago
- So, as a society, are we just accepting "try and" instead of "try to" now? #socrateswasright 3 months ago