We really are that dumb on the whole. I think it’s one of democracy’s built-in defense mechanisms. Problematic in a crisis, but constant pulling in many directions keeps from going too far in any one direction. We dither around for a while and then we have the rise of the Great Man, who because he happens to get it right at the right time and leads with a clear voice in the midst of a crisis, looks good. And then we toss them. It’s worked for a few hundred years. But, like the Greeks and Romans, sooner or later, we’ll tear ourselves apart.
- Thank you, person driving by, for the encouragement at the end of my workout. You're awesome too. 3 weeks ago
- RT @GateWorld: Happy 20th Anniversary, SG-1! Twenty years today since "Children of the Gods" first aired on Showtime. #StargateSG120th #Sta… 3 weeks ago
- So, as a society, are we just accepting "try and" instead of "try to" now? #socrateswasright 3 weeks ago
- If the kindle paperwhite w/o ads were $10 cheaper, they would have had me. #PrimeDay2017 1 month ago
- In the past 12 hours my laptop hard drive died and my desktop RAM failed. My iphone died 2 weeks ago. I expect my tablet to die shortly. 1 month ago