We really are that dumb on the whole. I think it’s one of democracy’s built-in defense mechanisms. Problematic in a crisis, but constant pulling in many directions keeps from going too far in any one direction. We dither around for a while and then we have the rise of the Great Man, who because he happens to get it right at the right time and leads with a clear voice in the midst of a crisis, looks good. And then we toss them. It’s worked for a few hundred years. But, like the Greeks and Romans, sooner or later, we’ll tear ourselves apart.
- Waiting for the Space mumu #RiffTrax https://t.co/wvUaspZLqp 1 week ago
- I feel that these people spending 45minutes to buy a stinking Apple Watch need to work on better decision making skills 5 months ago
- Every time my electricity goes out I am reminded of how terrible life through most of history must have been. 9 months ago
- "No one will ever need to change spark plug #6" --Nissan Engineer, probably. Nissan engineers hate mankind and left… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 months ago
- Thank you, person driving by, for the encouragement at the end of my workout. You're awesome too. 10 months ago