We really are that dumb on the whole. I think it’s one of democracy’s built-in defense mechanisms. Problematic in a crisis, but constant pulling in many directions keeps from going too far in any one direction. We dither around for a while and then we have the rise of the Great Man, who because he happens to get it right at the right time and leads with a clear voice in the midst of a crisis, looks good. And then we toss them. It’s worked for a few hundred years. But, like the Greeks and Romans, sooner or later, we’ll tear ourselves apart.
- Okay, that's enough rain now. 1 day ago
- RT @kelseyhoppe: A seminar for parents of gap year students. Come and discuss practical ways to help your child be safer when travelling! h… 1 week ago
- when you meant to get cherry lime but grabbed apple cranberry. :( 1 week ago
- I just learned a new word, which doesn't happen much anymore. Tergiversation. en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/tergivers… 3 weeks ago
- WHY DO I HAVE TO LOG INTO ALL MY APPS ON MY IPHONE AND WHY WON'T ANY OF THEM REMEMBER I ALREADY DID TWICE TODAY?!!?! 😡 1 month ago