But ask the NSA, as part of a freedom of information request, to do a seemingly simple search of its own employees’ email? The agency says it doesn’t have the technology.
“There’s no central method to search an email at this time with the way our records are set up, unfortunately,” NSA Freedom of Information Act officer Cindy Blacker told me last week.
The system is “a little antiquated and archaic,” she added.
- The political situation and alliances at the beginning of World War 1 were ridiculous. 10 hours ago
- Okay, that's enough rain now. 3 days ago
- RT @kelseyhoppe: A seminar for parents of gap year students. Come and discuss practical ways to help your child be safer when travelling! h… 1 week ago
- when you meant to get cherry lime but grabbed apple cranberry. :( 1 week ago
- I just learned a new word, which doesn't happen much anymore. Tergiversation. en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/tergivers… 4 weeks ago