A lot of the resistance to this idea will come from a visceral dislike of anything that smacks of eugenics, for understandable historical reasons. But the main objection to eugenics, at least in the form it usually takes, is that it involves discriminating against disadvantaged groups, whether minorities or people with disabilities. What I’m proposing is a form of eugenics that would discriminate in favour of the disadvantaged.
- Every time my electricity goes out I am reminded of how terrible life through most of history must have been. 1 month ago
- "No one will ever need to change spark plug #6" --Nissan Engineer, probably. Nissan engineers hate mankind and left… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- Thank you, person driving by, for the encouragement at the end of my workout. You're awesome too. 2 months ago
- RT @GateWorld: Happy 20th Anniversary, SG-1! Twenty years today since "Children of the Gods" first aired on Showtime. #StargateSG120th #Sta… 2 months ago
- So, as a society, are we just accepting "try and" instead of "try to" now? #socrateswasright 2 months ago