Can we talk about this substitution of the word “and” for “to” that is endemic on the internet? Example: “I’m going to try and make this cake.” No, you’re going to try to make this cake. I don’t know when it started. I do know that’s how we tend to say it, but that’s not how it’s written, people. Let’s clean this up some, okay? Thanks.
- #gbbs : Make an American pie. Bakers: Only make tarts. SMH. 1 month ago
- Why is there so much snow? https://t.co/AkCoxp2wCy 2 months ago
- From my energy company: "The utility industry is undergoing transformational change..." I mean, nice pun, but bad writing. 2 months ago
- #TeamRed twitter.com/RealEntropy/st… 6 months ago
- My printer barfed up a hair ball just now. instagram.com/p/Bkni4CYgRqS/… 6 months ago