Can we talk about this substitution of the word “and” for “to” that is endemic on the internet? Example: “I’m going to try and make this cake.” No, you’re going to try to make this cake. I don’t know when it started. I do know that’s how we tend to say it, but that’s not how it’s written, people. Let’s clean this up some, okay? Thanks.
- My office bell pepper has fully matured. #greenishthumb https://t.co/NYarXTZCxA 3 weeks ago
- 'for her work...with reprogramming the left-handers." TRIGGERED! Like dealing with the micro-aggressions every day isn't enough :( 3 weeks ago
- The political situation and alliances at the beginning of World War 1 were ridiculous. 3 weeks ago
- Okay, that's enough rain now. 4 weeks ago
- RT @kelseyhoppe: A seminar for parents of gap year students. Come and discuss practical ways to help your child be safer when travelling! h… 1 month ago