Can we talk about this substitution of the word “and” for “to” that is endemic on the internet? Example: “I’m going to try and make this cake.” No, you’re going to try to make this cake. I don’t know when it started. I do know that’s how we tend to say it, but that’s not how it’s written, people. Let’s clean this up some, okay? Thanks.
- Watching @SpaceX launches and landings are some of the most amazing sights on the earth. 2 days ago
- Season 3 of #TheGrandTour was a beautiful goodbye from the trio. https://t.co/1aleaUMCSt 1 week ago
- A beautiful example of Engrish in the wild https://t.co/Z0OT5HDFtF 1 month ago
- I may never know. Or be able to pronounce it. https://t.co/xvfJxhBo7R 1 month ago
- I think I have a racoon https://t.co/iJBnsLL7wd 2 months ago