Finally, government surveillance at every corner reflects the un-American idea that we ought to leave civil order to the police. At times Americans have abdicated our responsibilities as citizens. But in crises we rise up.
When terrorist attacks in the U.S. have actually been deterred, it’s been because of citizens acting. The shoe bomber was beaten by other passengers. The Times Square bomber was noticed by a vendor. And Flight 93 was brought down by hero passengers.
To stay safe we don’t need fewer civil liberties. We need more civil society.
- #893Songs countdown was going great, I had minor issues with song placement but nbd. Then we hit No. 2. @TheCurrent https://t.co/MV2Apc6R1o 1 week ago
- It’s time for #RiffTraxLive since I had to work last week. https://t.co/jlWiDd20s1 4 weeks ago
- I’m so happy. twitter.com/Borderlands/st… 4 weeks ago
- Watching @SpaceX launches and landings are some of the most amazing sights on the earth. 1 month ago
- Season 3 of #TheGrandTour was a beautiful goodbye from the trio. https://t.co/1aleaUMCSt 1 month ago