Finally, government surveillance at every corner reflects the un-American idea that we ought to leave civil order to the police. At times Americans have abdicated our responsibilities as citizens. But in crises we rise up.
When terrorist attacks in the U.S. have actually been deterred, it’s been because of citizens acting. The shoe bomber was beaten by other passengers. The Times Square bomber was noticed by a vendor. And Flight 93 was brought down by hero passengers.
To stay safe we don’t need fewer civil liberties. We need more civil society.
- #TeamRed twitter.com/RealEntropy/st… 1 month ago
- My printer barfed up a hair ball just now. instagram.com/p/Bkni4CYgRqS/… 1 month ago
- Waiting for the Space mumu #RiffTrax https://t.co/wvUaspZLqp 2 months ago
- I feel that these people spending 45minutes to buy a stinking Apple Watch need to work on better decision making skills 7 months ago
- Every time my electricity goes out I am reminded of how terrible life through most of history must have been. 11 months ago