On the opening day of law school, I always counsel my first-year students never to support a law they are not willing to kill to enforce. Usually they greet this advice with something between skepticism and puzzlement, until I remind them that the police go armed to enforce the will of the state, and if you resist, they might kill you.
- Every time my electricity goes out I am reminded of how terrible life through most of history must have been. 1 month ago
- "No one will ever need to change spark plug #6" --Nissan Engineer, probably. Nissan engineers hate mankind and left… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- Thank you, person driving by, for the encouragement at the end of my workout. You're awesome too. 2 months ago
- RT @GateWorld: Happy 20th Anniversary, SG-1! Twenty years today since "Children of the Gods" first aired on Showtime. #StargateSG120th #Sta… 2 months ago
- So, as a society, are we just accepting "try and" instead of "try to" now? #socrateswasright 2 months ago