Advocates of hate speech bans should not be surprised to find that governments, when given the immense power to punish intolerance, have used this weapon against their critics. Investigative journalists, controversial politicians, political activists — these are the most frequent targets of hate speech laws. Even nongovernmental actors, such as Facebook, are inclined to use their hate speech policies to censor marginalized users.
- #TeamRed twitter.com/RealEntropy/st… 3 weeks ago
- My printer barfed up a hair ball just now. instagram.com/p/Bkni4CYgRqS/… 1 month ago
- Waiting for the Space mumu #RiffTrax https://t.co/wvUaspZLqp 2 months ago
- I feel that these people spending 45minutes to buy a stinking Apple Watch need to work on better decision making skills 7 months ago
- Every time my electricity goes out I am reminded of how terrible life through most of history must have been. 11 months ago