Advocates of hate speech bans should not be surprised to find that governments, when given the immense power to punish intolerance, have used this weapon against their critics. Investigative journalists, controversial politicians, political activists — these are the most frequent targets of hate speech laws. Even nongovernmental actors, such as Facebook, are inclined to use their hate speech policies to censor marginalized users.
- #gbbs : Make an American pie. Bakers: Only make tarts. SMH. 2 weeks ago
- Why is there so much snow? https://t.co/AkCoxp2wCy 1 month ago
- From my energy company: "The utility industry is undergoing transformational change..." I mean, nice pun, but bad writing. 1 month ago
- #TeamRed twitter.com/RealEntropy/st… 5 months ago
- My printer barfed up a hair ball just now. instagram.com/p/Bkni4CYgRqS/… 5 months ago