- I completed "Open 14.2"! For Repetitions: 10. Alas no CTB pull-ups. #myWOD #CrossFit #crossfitabide 13 hours ago
- S02E06 Thor's Chariot: "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson. They will in fact calm up." #SGRewatch http://t.co/igkFZVN6bo 13 hours ago
- I completed "Deadlifts, Run" and set a new personal record! BrandX scale. For Rounds: 10 +1 #myWOD #CrossFit 1 day ago
- I completed "Run, Burpees"! For Time: 28:59 3 rounds 800m run 25 burpees #myWOD #CrossFit 2 days ago
- S02E04 The Gamekeeper: "I don't think so, Bucko!" #SGRewatch http://t.co/8J2FxEcq3M 3 days ago
“Green” energy is less efficient than normal energy. Otherwise we would have been using the green stuff.
Take the Green Building Council’s Washington headquarters. Replete with the group’s top green-energy accolade, the platinum LEED certification, the USGBC’s main base comes in at 236 EUI. The average EUI for uncertified buildings in the capital? Just 199.
Them: Why are you laughing so much.
Me: It’s a German work safety forklift video.
I think that’s a Don Knotts cameo in there, too.
It takes so many things that should deserve contempt and makes them awesome. There’s a lesson in that somewhere.
For pete’s sake, what are we doing threatening the Ukraine? Like Russia would let us. If I were Yanukovych, I would announce a crackdown (with no intention of calling in the troops), just to watch the US scramble.
Has the State Department not realized that there is civil unrest around the world every spring and not come up with properly pious sounding, but meaningless, platitudes for all the non-democratic countries. You know, like, “We support every person’s rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and every nation’s sovereignty. Good luck.” Or perhaps “We rely on our good friends and allies in the EU to deal with this problem, since it’s on their doorstep and not ours.” Or, “Russia is right there, let’s not start WWIII today.”
Awesomely over the top. And unfortunately, we might not be the only ones going back to the moon.
This guy aimed a radio telescope at the moon when Apollo 11 landed and recorded the results. He was mildly disappointed when what was broadcast on the TV was what he heard.