- I completed "Elizabeth"! 60#, blue band For Time: 13:46 @mywodhq #myWOD #CrossFit 1 day ago
- As foretold in prophecy by @zakladams my contact lens has disappeared somewhere into the hinterlands of my eye. 4 days ago
- I completed "C&J, Situps, DU"! For Time: 12:40 85# @mywodhq #myWOD #CrossFit 5 days ago
- Dear Idaho Weather, You suck. Sincerely, Kristin Hoppe 5 days ago
- RT @Tabz: You should never sacrifice the joy of playing games for the pursuit of victory. - @wilw 5 days ago
Andrew W.K. has some solid advice for us all.
So we must protect and respect each other, no matter how hard it feels. No matter how wrong someone else may seem to us, they are still human. No matter how bad someone may appear, they are truly no worse than us. Our beliefs and behavior don’t make us fundamentally better than others, no matter how satisfying it is to believe otherwise. We must be tireless in our efforts to see things from the point of view we most disagree with. We must make endless efforts to try and understand the people we least relate to. And we must at all times force ourselves to love the people we dislike the most. Not because it’s nice or because they deserve it, but because our own sanity and survival depends on it. And if we do find ourselves pushed into a corner where we must kill others in order to survive, we must fully accept that we are killing people just as fully human as ourselves, and not some evil abstract creatures.
it really bothers me there’s no mic for him to sing into.
No one likes Richard Dawkins anymore since he applied his thinking to protected people groups.
Paul Ryan has a modest proposal on streamlining government aid. I suspect the end result would make sure the same bureaucracies are getting their cut of the pie and numbers would be fudged to ensure that it looked like people were getting help. Still, I like the idea of empowering states to try different stuff and while I’m sure it could be worse, that seems unlikely.
Seriously, why is he not doing the Superbowl half-time show?